ABOUT THIS PRODUCT: [CJ140] The 5 Gallon Collapsible Jug works great for fermenting odd-sized or partial batches. Just put whatever amount of juice you have into the jug; attach and air-lock (not included), and then collapse the fermenter down to remove any excess headspace. See our Air-Lock Adapter Screw Cap for a slick way of attaching our Senior Air-Lock to the threaded opening, or you can use our 6-1/2 Rubber Stopper to fit an air-lock. The Collapsible Jug`s opening can also be fitted with our Plastic Jug Faucet for easy tranferring or racking of your wine. All items sold separately. The 5 Gallon Collapsible Jug comes with a screw cap that will completely seal the jug. You can also seal the Collapsible Jug using our 38mm Poly-Seal Screw Caps. Recommend for fermentation only. Not recommended for long-term storage.
- Works great for fermenting odd-sized or partial batches.
- The Collapsible Jug`s maximum capacity is 5 gallons.
- Our Senior Air-Lock can be attached by using our Air-Lock Adapter Screw Cap. Not included.
- You can also attach our Plastic Jug Faucet for easy transferring of your wine. Not included.
- Comes with a 38mm screw cap for sealing up the container.
- The Collapsible jug can also be sealed with our 38mm Poly-Seal Screw Caps.
- The open can also be fitted with a Size 6-1/2 Rubber Stopper.
- Recommended for fermentation only.
Q Clay (Monticello, IA)
Can you please tell me what the 5 Gallon Collapsible Fermentation Jug is made out of?
The Collapsible Fermentation Jug is made from FDA approved flexible polyethylene.
Customer Reviews"fairly good" Review by corkybob (Posted on 2/9/15)
What I anticipated, good for the money I spent"works great" Review by aaron3598 (Posted on 7/19/14)
I used this to store and bulk age about 4.5 gallons of fronenac wine. It easily allowed me to push out all air space and confirm no additional fermentation activity. Will be able to use this again this year."Very Unsatisfactory" Review by Lynn (Posted on 7/8/14)
I was very displeased with this...it was difficult to handle, hard to collapse correctly, leaked, and would not empty completely. I purchased the air lock adapter for it but that didn't work well either. I believe I ruined about 2.5 gallons of wine trying to get this to work! I would not recommend this fermenter.
Write Your Own Review