- A commercial-grade sanitizer that is ideal for sanitizing: stainless steel, glass, dishes, etc.
- Star San can be used in solution as a soaking submersion sanitizer, a spray sanitizer or even as a brush-on solution.
- Quick and effective. Only requires 60 seconds of contact time.
- Easy to use. No rinsing require. Just allow the sanitizer to air-dry.
- Use one of our Spray Bottles and make sanitizing small items easier and faster.
- Safe to use. Star San is completely biodegradable.
- It is odorless and flavorless. No unpleasant fumes.
- Star San sanitizer foams very readily as it is used.
- This foaming allows for even coverage of the Star San sanitizer and helps it to penetrate deep into cracks and crevices.
- Leftover foam is not harmful and will not effect your wine or beer in any way. Star San will not alter the head retention, flavor, clarity or color of your beer or wine.
- Do not use on porous surfaces. Star San is not appropriate for soft-metals, wood and other porous surfaces. Contact time with these types of surfaces should be kept to a minimum.
- Each container of Star San is 8 ounces. Enough to make 40 gallons of sanitizing solution.
- Normal Dosage: 1 ounce / 5 Gallons of water.
Q Diana (Bent, NM)
Once the solution is made, how long will the Star San remain effective if stored in a sealed container?
As long as the solution remains clear and the pH remains at 3.5 or less the solution is still effective to sanitize your equipment. If the solution becomes cloudy or the pH goes above 3.5, the solution is no longer effective.
Customer Reviews"Simple to use and effective" Review by Bruce (Posted on 10/7/13)
I have used Five Star exclusively because of the simplicity and effectiveness. Also important to me is the safeness of the sanitizer"i have used this product just once" Review by kry kryton (Posted on 4/1/13)
am pleased with the results
Write Your Own Review