The 5 Gallon Plastic Carboy is ideal for a secondary fermentations and bulk storage of wine or beer. It`s made of clear P.E.T. plastic, the same material used to make 2 liter bottles. Only this plastic carboy is thicker and heavier. It`s completely taste and odor free and impermeable to oxygen. That means you can use this plastic carboy to bulk store your wine as long as you like. It can easily be sealed up air-tight with either a tapered cork or rubber stopper.
IMPORTANT: This carboy also requires a Faucet Wrench for taking the Barbed Faucet on and off when cleaning. Please order separately. Item number [PL910].
- Ideal for secondary fermentations of both wine and beer.
- Attach a hose to the barbed faucet for easy transferring
- Faucet is positioned up away from the sediment.
- Made of heavy PET plastic.
- Completely taste and odor free.
- Completely impermeable to oxygen.
- Easy to clean inside and out.
- No side-wall ribs to collect sediment.
- Overall dimensions are 19-1/2" tall and 10-1/2" round.
- The opening can be fitted with either a:
Size 10 Rubber Stopper
Size 26 Tappered Cork
Size 7 Rubber Cap
Q Colton (Bent, NM)
The 5-gallon plastic carboy with the barbed faucet does not say what size of hose I need. Will you please advise the correct size of hose?
The faucet on the 5-gallon plastic carboy takes a 3/8" hose.
Customer Reviews"Good idea but with problems" Review by Undertaker (Posted on 3/27/15)
Liked the concept but I have a problem with them leaking, broke one faucet I suppose because I over tightened that was real big mess and a loss of some good wine. Going back to the regular carboy."Fantastic" Review by George in FL (Posted on 2/1/13)
Great carboy at a great price. E.C Kraus has a great product here!
Write Your Own Review