FREE SHIPPING to the 48 states and available all year round.
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT: [PR310] This traditional R-25 Ratchet Press is ideal for someone who makes 10, 20 or 30 gallons of wine at a time. It's a rugged, commercial-quality press that will provide you with many years of use. It can be used to press a variety of fruits, from blackberries to pears. And, it's strong enough to press the pulp all the way down to barely damp. You won't be missing a drop.
VERY EFFICIENT: The double-ratchet design provides a fast way to crank down pressure on the fruit without losing leverage. It also features a convenient, two-piece, breakaway basket that allows you to quickly remove the spent pulp between pressings.
PROFESSIONAL EQUIPMENT: The Ratchet Press is not a toy. It's the real thing. Produced by Marchisio S.p.A. of Italy, a recognized world leader of winery equipment since 1950. The ratcheting head is made of cast-iron; the screw is made of solid steel stock; the collection basin is made of heavy-gauge, stamped steel; and the basket is made of oak hardwood.
- Over all dimensions are 18-1/2" wide by 18-1/2" deep and 34-1/4" high.
- The basket dimensions are 12" in diameter by 14" tall.
- Maximum pulp capacity is approximately 50 pounds.
- Each pressing will yield roughly a 3 gallons of juice, depending on the fruit being pressed.
- The hardwood pressing plate is 1-3/8" thick and comes in 2 pieces two fit around the screw.
- The press also comes with 4 pressing blocks to stack between the pressing plate and ratchet head.
- Each of the 3 legs can be bolted down for maximum leverage.
Click Here To read over the directions that are provided with the Double Ratchet Fruit Press.
Q Ken (Phoenix, AZ)
I have been considering purchasing a wine making fruit press and I am interested in your Double Ratchet R-25 model. Could you confirm that this is a general purpose press that is suitable for grapes as well as other fruits such as peaches or plums. I have read that some presses are used for grapes only and I want one that can be used for any type of fruit.
Yes, this press is very versatile and can be used for any type of fruit, from grapes to apples. Just keep in mind that all fruits have to be crushed before they can be pressed.
Customer Reviews"Outstanding!!!" Review by Sherm (Posted on 10/2/14)
Whether you have 50 lbs or 5, this press will do the job. Excellent piece of equipment ... well built. You won't be able to squeeze another drop. Outstanding. A little pricey but worth the money."Works as promised" Review by JFV (Posted on 7/18/13)
This press works as described, but a couple of things to do that will help. You definitely need more blocks and press your skins firmly. The first couple of times, I wasn't using enough pressure (not to the point of getting rough tannins). I mounted mine on small homemade platform with a semicircle cut out so I can a bucket under the press."This is the bomb" Review by ADAguy (Posted on 12/6/12)
Yes, it is a first class product but not without its faults."Nice Home Press" Review by MikeC (Posted on 6/22/12)
1. no instructions, it assumes you know what to do.
2. Needs twice as many blocks as you crank it down.
3. Very efficient but didn't think about needing to oil it, works much easier when you do.
4. Produces maximum juice per pound, 2nd year and I am really getting the hang of it.
5. Cover it in the winter or store indoors.
6. Need to mount it at elevate it at least 18 - 20" for carboys to fit under the spout.
7. Needless to say I am very satisfied.
Nice tool, simple, efficient and easy to clean."Good" Review by ADAguy (Posted on 10/4/11)
Depending on how hard you want to press I would recommend bolting the base or the press tends to turn on you. Easy assembly and can handle a good quantity of grapes.
To think that I used a sausage press until I got an R-25. Just don't forget to oil it before using and you may need more blocks then what comes with it. Great unit.
This years crush was my best yet, be sure to keep it covered during the off season.
Write Your Own Review